Wednesday 15 January 2014

Scams Online

Today I had a run in with a company who basically pretended to refund me money. I was obviously confused but then they told me my latest transactions, address and so I stupidly followed them. It turns out they are stealing from my account and it was a scam. Luckily I spoke to my bank and all should be settled; but it just showed how much information these companies can get hold of and how much you need to be careful with any details online. Any online transactions and socail networking account we think are safe but if someone reads them they can know you whole life story and seem so genuine. The moral is just be careful with your 'online shadows' and never give bank details to people or sites that you don't 100% know are trustworthy  i.e. Amazon or sainsburys.

No comments:

Post a Comment